EXPERIENCED COUNSELOR, SKILLED ADVOCATE, LIFELONG TEXAN
- Attorney, Smith & Carlson, PC
- Attorney/Partner, Sumpter & Gonzalez, LLP
- Owner, Law Office of Dal R Ruggles
- B.A. in Psychology, The University of Texas
at San Antonio
- J.D. The University of Texas School of Law
- Intern with Travis County District Attorney's
Office, 403rd District Court
- Standardized Field Sobriety Testing
Practitioner, National Highway Traffic
Associations & Memberships:
- State Bar of Texas
- Juvenile Law Section of State Bar of Texas
- Austin Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
Dal was born in Dallas and grew up in West Texas, a few miles outside of Midland. After graduating from high school he moved to San Antonio where he lived for almost 30 years before making his way to Austin in 2000. His interests outside of work include riding bikes, riding and working on motorcycles, working on cars, and bothering his step-son who recently graduated from St. Mary's University School of Law.
Dal's life experiences extend well beyond the legal profession. Before practicing law, he was a licensed stockbroker with A.G. Edwards & Sons, a financial planner with IDS/American Express, a successful business manager, an auto mechanic specializing in Porsche automobiles and high-performance engine building, and last but not least, a self-employed portrait artist. This incredibly diverse background experience has supplied him with a knowledge and business acumen that allows him to connect and work with all types of personalities in a way few people can - an asset that serves his clients well.
Dal has dedicated himself to translating his life experience into being the type of lawyer that instills confidence. The type of lawyer that has the skills and work ethic to properly handle your legal issue no matter how simple or complicated. The type of lawyer you can trust.
He will go the extra mile for you.
CALL TODAY FOR A